Monday, January 30, 2006

Lessons Learned As of Today

 

One does not discover new lands

without consenting to lose sight

of the shore for a very long time.

                                       andre gide

 

 

 

Money cannot buy class.

When a person is in love, it shows.

Being kind is always more important than being right.

I cannot command respect,  I can only earn it.

Life needs to be revealed to me no matter how impatient I am with it. 

People that you never guessed could let you down will let you down.

People that you never knew would be there for you will be there for you.

It is better to forgive than hang onto anger.

Getting your heart broken doesn't get easier every time.  

My life will not improve unless I take chances.

Sometimes all a person needs is someone just to listen.

The only person I can change is myself.

It takes a second to open a wound with hurtful words and maybe a lifetime to heal that same wound if it can be healed at all.

My Grandpa was right when he said "as you get to the end of life, if you have a close friend or two and family that still speak to you, then your life has been a success".

There is no greater feeling than having a child fall asleep in your arms.

The more I live, the faster life goes.

How good anticipation feels.

That even though I came into and will leave the world alone,  I need other people while I am here.

How rich I am with friendships.

That I will not be taking a u-haul to heaven.

That I still  have so  much to learn…bring it on!

No comments: